Demographics: Considering the rising in popularity of esports, widened target demographic of 18-35 years, with a 80-20 men-women split was administered.
Focus Market: Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain
- To explore perceptions on the current state of esports and what lies ahead at a crucial moment in its evolution.
- Decode the market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they influence the growth prospect of the Esports Market in the GCC.
Core topics from preparation to questionnaire design, recruitment testing to analysis, and quant survey software are all covered in an articulative and insightful way. This top-down research combines a two-fold approach quantitative online survey and in-person interviews.
Esports Marketing STP in GCC
- Predominantly male and young.
- Local nationals are the high rollers vs the Expat pop.
- Average customer age is 24 with a growing base of older adults and women year over year.
Lead Game Publishers By Esports Viewership: Valve, Riot Games, Tencent Games, Moonton, Activision
Most watched Esports on Twitch: League of Legends, Valorant, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Minecraft
Top Esports players and teams: Team Falcons, Saudi Arabia and Yalla Esports, UAE.
Findings & Insights
- In the GCC, growth is down to market conditions that exist nowhere else. With half its population under 25 years old and tech-savvy, it is no surprise that the region is one of the most active and engaged online.
- The smartphone penetration rate in the region is the highest in the GCC, with big boys such as the KSA & UAE exceeding 94.7% in 2022.
- Gamers follow their favourite content creators on live-streaming platforms like Twitch, and YouTube Gaming.
- Access to High-end Hardware, Stable 5G Connection, and Social Media Influence are the three key ingredients contributing to the rising popularity of mobile gaming and esports tournaments.